Constructing a new home begins even before laying the foundation. When building a house, you need a good plan and find an honest builder with a proven track record of delivering excellent results. This article outlines the steps to follow when starting to build a house.
After acquiring your piece of land, proceed to prepare the site for the construction project. How you do this depends on the lot’s condition to build a house. During this process of site preparation, you carry out a few tasks, including the following:
- Setting up a toilet.
- Clearing the area of all vegetation.
- The construction crew creates site access.
- Setting up the site store for safe storage of equipment.
- Setting up a mix station.
- Applying and acquiring the necessary permit.
If you diligently do the above tasks, your site is now ready for the next step.
Once your site is ready for construction, you can now lay your foundation. During this process, you carry out a few tasks too.
- The construction crew excavated the foundation.
- Await the construction project approval and warranty inspection
- Lay and arrange any reinforcement mesh and bars in the trenches.
- Get authorization to proceed with your construction after warranty inspection.
Construction of the Superstructure
We all agree that this is the most exciting stage when building a house. Again, this stage follows a few requirements, which include;
- Installing drainage and vent pipes.
- Filling floor beams with concrete.
- Infill floor beams with blocks.
Constructing a home is very exciting. That’s why you should follow the correct process to avoid doing things the wrong way due to this excitement. Once you build the superstructure, you’ll continue creating the walls and the roofing structure. Working with the right experts will also make constructing your dream home a seamless experience.